I have been using Retin A Micro for several months and I’m thrilled with the results. There are also several other types of Retin A products ( available only by prescription) that you should know about. In addition I’m going to decribe two new types of retinoids that have different features that could be of value.
1. Retin A — This is the granddaddy of anti-aging products and has volumes of research behind it. Its now available in a generic version that costs less than $30 online. By comparison the drugstore price for the brand name Retin A is about @$120/tube. This is one of the strongest forms of Retin A and you should follow the rules very carefully to avoid irritation– its worth it and the savings are amazing.
2. Retin-A Micro- This is the form that I currently use. It has two strengths–.o4% and .1%. It is made up in a slow release formula to make it less irritating .
3. Renova— This is a particularly mild form of tretinoin. It comes in a .02% concentration in a rich creamy base.
4. Refissa — The only fragrance-free tretinoin, Refissa is the newest form on the market. It i a very creamy formulation with a .05% concentration.
5. Differin — This product has a different retinoid called adapalene. There are two strengths– .1% cream and .3% gel. Adapalene is milder than Retin A, but not quite as effective. Its an excellent choice for people who cannot handle Retin A, but still want to deal with aging/sun-damaged skin.
6. Tazorac — This product contains tazarotene, another type of retinoid. It is available in .1% concentration in both a gel and a cream. Doctors report that can be more effective than Retin A, but also more irritating