Its a gorgeous spring day to be hosting Fashion Flash. This week our bloggers are bursting with info to keep you young AND beautiful:
* The Glam Gals of Fabulous After40 demonstrate how to show off one of this spring’s boldest and hottest trends.
* Shawna at Female Fat Loss Over Forty celebrates her 49th birthday and gives her top tips to staying young
* Geri at Fab Over Fifty turns her camera on FOF street style. She found a women who’s definitely channeling 70′s glam– shaggy vest, round shades and wide legged trousers. But did she ace this retro trend or should we send her back to Studio 54?
*Jodell of Black Cat Plus gives us a heads up that Full Figure Week is coming to New York City in June!
* Jackie of Aging Backwards looks at the importance of protein to your daily diet– and why those guys slurping down protein shakes at the gym might actually be onto something.
* Deja Pseu of Une Femme d’un Certain Age is planning for a trip to Paris and Provence and is starting her packing with shoes.
* Kari of Fab Over Forty knows that choosing the right shade can take years off her look– and shares some tools to find out which tone is best.
Like most women over 40, I loved Life Love and What I Wore by Ilene Beckerman. I went to the play with Jackie of Aging Backwards, and we laughed and teared up for a solid two hours. This weekend I found a another book by Ilene and as usual she hit home. Makeovers at the Beauty Counter of Happiness is focused on her feeling about an upcoming 50th Elementary School Reunion. Since we went to the same elementary school, I was hooked, but I’m certain her thoughts and experiences are pretty universal. In preparation for the reunion she thinks about losing twenty pounds, visits too many make-up counters and writes letters ( unsent) to famous women asking for beauty advice. It should be required reading for any women facing a reunion. Do you have a reunion anecdote? I’ll ‘share mine if you share yours.