This week Deb Boland of Fabulous After 40 is hosting Fashion Flash. With the holidays just days away, the Fashion Flash bloggers are bursting with seasonal spirit. For example:
* Aging Backwards shares holiday beauty tips
* Prime Beauty has a holiday special for a unique skin peel
* Menopause Makeover offers 10 tips to reduce holiday stress
* Moving Free with Mirabai shares an exercise routine that reduces holiday overload
* The Best of Everything Over Fifty shares a video that shows how to love your hair whether is short or long straight or curly– perfect timing for holiday parties.
* And these days dresses with sleeves are as rare as white rhinos. But 40 + Style has rounded up a selection of these rarities that are both beautiful and affordable– just in time for New Year Eve.
I love drilling down into a subject and Raising Eyebrows by Cameron Tuttle ( Chronicle Books) is just my kind of book.
According to Ms Tuttle, there are groomed brows, droopy brows, strong brows, wispy brows, and what she calls “wow” brows. But author Tuttle believes that all brows can be beutiful and deserves to be loved. She feels that a great brow can make you look younger, thinner, happier and richer and she backs that promise with over 100 pages of illustrations, fun facts, beauty tips, brow history. For example did you know that camels have three eyebrows and there are now eye brow extensions for the over-plucked.
Raising Eyebrows goes up close and personal to explain which eye shape works best for different eye shapes and how to match hair and brow color. The book closes with a terriffic guide to the different brow tools and make-up and how and why to use each one. For example, I had always thought that brow wax was a gimmick. This entertaining book explained how brow wax can both color and shape even the most unruly brows. Raising Eyebrows is my kind of book and has definately earned a spot on my beauty book shelf.