Garnets look beautiful combined with gold, diamond, pearls and opals. A beautiful red garnet makes a run of the mill rhinestone look like the real thing. Garnets can be worn day and night and really pop when paired with navy, rich browns and grey. Mixed with light toned jewels ( eg pearls or opals) they are fabulous with the little black dress. You will find antique garnet jewelry set in both gold and silver and they look wonderful in any metal. If you fall in love with an older piece at a flea market , have it checked out by a … Continue Reading…
Kari of Fab Over Forty is hosting Fashion Flash this week! Our shivering but savvy bloggers are posting about all things fashion, beauty, and fitness including:
* Menopause Makeover has a coffee protein shake that provides great nutrition as well as caffeine to help memory and energy
* Jodell from Black Cat Plus introduces the new clothing line from Glee star Amber Riley. That voice, that voice!
* Barbara from the Best of Everything After Fifty shares her top make-up picks from 2013
* Jackie of Aging Backwards shows new ways to deal with old allergies
* Cindy from Prime Beauty shows you how to incororate the Pantone color of the year ( radiant orchid) into fashion and make-up.
* Mirabai of Moving Free with Mirabai explains why target heart rate should … Continue Reading…
Question: I found out that I can buy Retin A pills online without a prescription and they even throw in free Viagra. Do you think this is a good idea?
Answer: I’m getting a bad feeling. When you take Retin A, you need to have regular blood tess to mke certain that the medication is not affecting liver function. For that you will need to be followed by a physician and I doubt any responsible doctor would feel comfortable working with self-prescribed Retin A.
I personally have not had success buying Retin A creams online, even with a prescription. The online generic Retin A did not seem effective. And then there is the bonus of Viagra???? Retin A pills are known to … Continue Reading…
Nothing says warm like a pair of gloves. The aristocrats of accessories, gloves were once worn only by kings, princes and churchmen as a visible symbol of their wealth and authority. Their elite image endured for centuries and carried over to the tradition that expected a woman to wear gloves for all occasions.
The sea change of social values that followed the 1960’s included the end of the glove culture. Now worn primarily to keep worn, a great looking pair of gloves can still pack a fashion wallop. The right glove anchors the sleeve of a coat or jacket providing an opportunity to express confidence and personality.
The Long and Short of Gloves
There are basically five styles:
* Shorty — wrist length styles with an opening on the side or center. Some … Continue Reading…
This week Mirabai of Moving Free with Mirabai is hosting Fashion Flash. Check out our experts on fashion, beauty, health and fitness. And don’t forget to click through Moving Free With Mirabai for great exercise tips to prevent winter time weight gain!
I have to admit that I am a beauty history wonk. I am fascinated by the search for beauty– who invented it, how it works and how it had evolved to current practices. When I found a copy of Inventing Beauty, I could not wait to get home to curl up with a cup of tea and dive in. University libraries have academic texts and original publications, but … Continue Reading…
Aging gracefully is never easy. Aging gracefully in the public eye, in HD, can be harrowing. Like most women of my tribe, Diane Keaton will always be the Annie Hall style icon. Her big shirt, topped with a man’s vest , over a full skirt and boots is a look that still works today. Seeing her wrinkled, grey and sporting dark framed glasses was disconcerting– but then that commercial came on. Most of the buzz has been paid to the difference in the appearance in the commercial and and Keaton IRL.
Yes, the blurry, rosy image in the commercial showed a Diane Keaton that was smoother and decades younger than the live, on-stage woman. Its not as if this is the first time we heard of … Continue Reading…
Fashion Flash is a consortium of top ranked lifestyle blogs for women over 40. Our weekly posts are packed with cutting edge info on fashion, skin care, health, make-up, and fitness. Now we are turning our most popular posts into entertaining and dynamic videos on our own Youtube channel called Fashion Flash On-Air.
In addition to original videos from the Fashion Flash bloggers, we will be uploading exceptional video content from experts we feature on our sites. We have a crew of celebrity make-up artists, fashion stylists, cosmetic surgeons, dermatologists and internists who will be sharing their best tips and techniques.
In the coming months Fashion Flash On-Air will include:
* The best way to plank from Best of Everything After 50
* The top aging style mistakes from … Continue Reading…
Cindy of Prime Beauty is hosting a fabulous Fashion Flash Monday! This week, the Fashion Flash bloggers are ignoring the cold weather to share great fashion, beauty, and fitness tips:
* Menopause jumps into the debate on eating before or after exercise
* Moving Free with Mirabai helps you visualize to a fitter you.
* Fab Over Forty shows you how to rock cold weather style
* Best of Everything After 50 demonstrates great cosmetics you can make in a kitchen
* Fabulous After 40 shows how to make the boho trend to look fresh, even if you more it in the 70’s
* Black Cat Plus finds the perfect top for full figured women
* Aging Backwards offers original tips to help you keep those New year Resolutions to … Continue Reading…