This week our newest Fashion Flash member Diva Debbi is hosting Fashion Flash for the first time. She is such a talented fashion stylist with an incredilbe eye for creating the perfect outfit for every occasion. Make sure to roam thru her site and check out her amazing Polyvore pages. Our other bloggers have been extra busy this week including:
* Fab Over Forty shares fit ball exercises.
* Aging Backwards explains why eating geens can whiten your teeth
* Prime Beauty shares a must have new eyeshadow palette from Tarte ( I love that brand)
* Fabulous After 40 nails it again demonstrating how to wear those floaty, sheer pastels that are now front and center in the stores.
* And at No-Nonsense Beauty Blog I am offering a free guide to Retin A. This is the ONLY product that the FDA allows to claim anti-aging benefits and this guide explains how to get the benefits you deserve.
Click thru DivaDebbi this week to see these and the other must read Fashion Flash blogs including The Best of Everything After Fifty, Black Cat Plus and Moving Free With Mirabai.
Linda Mason is one of the most popular make-up artiss in New York. Not only can she create perfect looks for every age and face, she is also a wonderful teacher. Her book, Make-Up: The Art of Beauty is one of my favorites and I was so happy to find she had written another book just on eye make-up. Eye Candy offers a range of everyday looks and as well as an array of bold options when you want to make a statement. The book has four features that have made it into my current favorite style guide. Eye Candy starts with photos and descriptions of the different brushes I will need and I finally understand the difference between them. To help me pick the right products, the top right hand corner of the page has a little swatch of the exact color and consistancy that is needed for each look. This makes it easy ( and foolproof) to get EXACTLY the shadow I will use to duplicate the make-up on the page. In addition to crystal clear instructions, she has both a line drawing of the eye make-up and a photograph of what it looks like IRL. I took Eye Candy into Sephora and began assembling a few product groups. I selected one daytime look called “the Audrey Hepburn” and one evening called “Knockout” and I will be showing the results in a follow -up post.