I’m hosting Fashion Flash this week and I am so excited that fall is just a few days away. This week I realized that I was bored with my summer clothes and looking forward to “sweater weather”. This week the Fashion Flash bloggers are also feeling the changes in the seasons:
* After a long hot summer, our hair needs a little extra help. See the fabulous results that Prime Beauty got for her thinning hair from Visiscal Extra Strength Hair Growth Supplements– and enter to win a lifetime supply.
* Josephine of Chic At Any Age has the inside track on packing for an autumn trip to London.
* Fashion blogger Pam Lutell of Over 50 Feeling 40 shows us five chic ways to transition our wardrobe into fall. Join her on Midlife Boulevard
* When doctors say “get some exercise” they usually follow it with “Get out and walk”. September is the perfect time for a long walk and Certified Health Coach Mirabai Holland of Moving Free with Mirabai shows you how to turn your autumn stroll into healthy exercise.
* Barbara Hannah Grufferman, of Best of Everything After 50 and AARP contributor thiks sit-up are so last century to get rid of belly fat and strengthen your core. Here is her secret to whittle that waist fast!
* Grey is a color being touted and worn this fall. But MaryLou of Second Lives Club asks “”does that mean our hair too? Does she or doesn’t she? Stop and read this first!
* Ever wonder what to look for when buying coconut oil? Melanie of Society Wellness gives us the run down on terms and definitions that you need to know.
* Women change their hair color 36 times in their lifetime! Jackie Silver from Aging Backwards asks ” Are you going to go darker for fall? Here are some expert hair coloring tips.
* Jodell of Black Cat Plus celebrates Lane Bryant fall fashion campaign that demands equal rights for plus size women.
The last dazzling model has strutted down the runway and the pink glamour vans are no longer snaking thru gridlocked NYC traffic. Fashion Week is officially over and we are asking ” what does this all mean” when we go to the closet to get dressed in the morning?
The seemingly unwearable, wildly expensive fashion seemed to be irrelevant for most women– and when you are over 50 or more than size 6, more like costumes for next Hunger Games movie. But Fashion Week is is not so much about the actual outfits, but the ideas and inspirations they offer. Only a handful of women will actually ever wear the runway styles. But many of the designs offer great ideas to give our look a lift.
There were at least six trends from the runway which can easily refresh an over 40 wardrobe:
* Kimono-style coats
* Flats and sneakers
*Shirtwaist style dresses
*Blue and white color combos
* Color of the year is YELLOW
Nothing too scary here. Short or tall, slim or not, these are ideas for every age and occasion. For example, if yellow is not your color, how about a bright yellow leather tote bag or shiny flats. How easy is that?
Keep in mind that these ideas are for spring fashions. What we are now seeing in stores and magazines reflect ideas drawn from Fashion Week held last spring. It is confusing because each spring and fall there are two sets of ideas and recommendations. One set is from the current runway shows and the other is for the clothing that is actually in stores.
Coming up soon, will be examples of the runway looks from last spring that are now in fall clothes available online and in stores.