Still focused on my brows, the minute I stepped into the girly pink Benefit Brow Bar, I felt renewed optimism. The store was bustling with three estheticians working with customers. They were discussing options with their clients, stopping to check the results in the mirror to get their feedback. It was a true collaboration rather than the blitz attack that I experienced with my celebrity brow stylist.
Trying Out Brow Options
Six weeks after my epic brow shaping I still did not have enough regrowth to reshape. Instead I worked with a very talented make-up artist named Asia to show me what … Continue Reading… →
Open almost any comprehensive beauty book and you will see a section on eyebrows. They offer different styles and suggest which ones are best for different face shapes. If only it was that easy. Then there is that magic formula that recommends that the brow start at the inner corner of the eye, arch at the outer corner of iris and ends at a spot that is in line with the nose. Before I had my brows shaped (erased?) I diligently studied my shape options and which ones would be best for my round/square face. But IRL it turns is our natural brow length and thickness that drives the final shape.
Brow shapes are very much like hair styles. If you have curly hair, straight bangs … Continue Reading… →
I love hosting Fashion Flash during the holiday season. Our bloggers have assembled a great selection of posts that reflect the fashion, beauty and health needs for this time of year:
* Jodell of BlackCatPlus shares an inerview on Katie Couric that encourages plus size women to start moving.
* Deb of Fabulous After 40 wants you to look gorgeous AND save money. With all the expenses of the holidays, she doesn’t want you to blow your Christmas budget on a single dress. Deb shares 5 holiday party dresses that are under $158!
* Staness of Menopause Makeover share a wonderful Christmas story! Heather lost 52 pounds during her Menopause Makeover and her family lost weight too. What are you giving yourself for Christmas this year?
The towering heels at Fashion Week continue to haunt me. Not only is there is no way I could walk around all day in those heels, I realized that its been years since I’ve enjoyed shopping for shoes. I’ve been grumbling that shoes are not well made anymore, but the truth is the changes are in my feet, not the shoes.
1. Changes in Fat Pads— the same type of fat pads that are shrinking in our face and causing wrinkles, are also causing problems in our feet. The fat pads act as a cushion to reduce impact from walking and running. These fat pads … Continue Reading… →
The return of warm sunny weather made me realize that my beauty tool kit needed a tune-up. While I keep using Retin A, I need to crank up my sun protection and add anti0xidants to repair sun damage. I have found six products that fit the bill perfectly:
I used this product all winter and really loved the way it took off my mascara without leaving an oily film. Only problem was the package — a 3 inch high jar that did not pack well. At Ultra, I discovered it came in a travel size of 15 pads that fit beautifullyinto my toiletries bag. Just perfect for weekend strips to the country.
2. Cleanser — Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash ($8.99) This fragrance-free clear liquid cleanser is gentle and oil free. Its so mild that it can be used to remove eye … Continue Reading… →