This week Jodell of Black Cat Plus is hosting Fashion Flash. I love this site with its blend of social issues and beautiful, affordable plus size fashion. In addition to profiles of plus size icons she calls out media and celebrities who offer a negative view of weight. This week she is hosting a a terriffic fall line-up of posts from our bloggers incuding:
* Fab Over Forty offers the best way to shape your brows
* Menopause Makeover looks at the links between red wine and lowered risk of breast cancer
* Best of Everything explores the third pillar of fitness
* Moving Free with Mirabai gives you the essential moves for flexability
* Aging Backwards gets into the season with Halloween make-up tips
* Fab After Forty shows you how … Continue Reading…
One of my pet peeves are fashion layouts that show you how to use the same pair of shoes in three different outfits– but each outfit then requires more than $1000 in additional clothing and accessories. Money is money and if you are trying to cut fashion or beauty costs, the choices need to be genuinely affordable AND effective. To bottomline it, I’m not going to use supermarket bar soap to buy a $300 moisturizer.
With the steady stream of bad economic news and at least one friend laid off every week, I decided to get serious about cutting skin care costs but without compromising results. So here is the first section of my anti-aging budget beauty guide. My goal: to deliver cleansing, exfoliation renewal and protection at less than one dollar a day.
I believe that great skin … Continue Reading…