This week, Mirabai of Moving Free with Mirabai is hosting Fashion Flash! She has a list of impressive academic credentials that gives me faith in her fitness recommendations– and she has never steered me wrong. Since I tend to gain weight in winter, I am especially excited about her new cold weather exercise program. I am actually looking forward to snow just to try out her winter routines.
This week I am so excited to add another beauty site to Fashion Flash. Beauty Info Zone has great product reviews and co-founder Marcia likes to describe herself as the “Queen of Giveaways”. She and her blog partner Lisa are make-up artists and educators who have turned their passion for all things beauty into a highly ranked and popular beauty site. I know you will enjoy her … Continue Reading…
This week Cindy of Prime Beauty is hosting Fashion Flash. IMO she has the keenest eyes and best insights into the best of skin care, hair care and fragrances. Whenever I need a new product I go to Prime Beauty to check out her reviews. Yes, she’s that good.
Fashion Flash Book Review: The Little Book of Skin Care by Charlotte Cho
Korean skin care is one of the hottest online beauty topics. I have received repeated questions on the pros and cons of this extensive skin care routinue and I was excited to get a review copy of this new book. Written by beauty blogger whose poular site offers hard to find skin care products, it … Continue Reading…
I am thrilled to be hosting Fashion Flash! In October, there are so many landmarks. Its Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Diabetes Awareness Month and Eczema Awareness Month as well as Columbus Day and Halloween. Like all good publications our interests reflect our current isues and events:
*Melanie of Society Wellness has a recipe for winter squash soup with pumpkin seeds that will rock your world
* Josephine of Chic At Any Age loves that autumn is the season of soft russets and vibrant reds. Our thoughts turn to keeping warm and making pumpkin soup. Hers is how to incorporate a flattering red sweater into your wardrobe.
*Pam of Over 50 Feeling 40 shows us how to wear fall in soft colors
* Caryl of Second Lives Club is watching the leaves fall … Continue Reading…
This week Marylou of Second Lives Club is hosting Fashion Flash. We are the generation that is redefining the second half of our lives and most of the time we make it up as we go along. Its not an easy path, but Second Lives Club profiles everyday heros for a real time road map. In the past few weeks Second Lives Club has featured a lawyer turned travel writer, a scientist who became a textile designer and a publishing executive who is now runs a woman’s fitness franchise. Reading their journeys is aways inspiring and empowering. Its one thing to dream of a new life… its invauable to read about women who actually reinvented their lives and themselves.
Fashion … Continue Reading…
I’m hosting Fashion Flash this week and I am so excited that fall is just a few days away. This week I realized that I was bored with my summer clothes and looking forward to “sweater weather”. This week the Fashion Flash bloggers are also feeling the changes in the seasons:
* After a long hot summer, our hair needs a little extra help. See the fabulous results that Prime Beauty got for her thinning hair from Visiscal Extra Strength Hair Growth Supplements– and enter to win a lifetime supply.
* Josephine of Chic At Any Age has the inside track on packing for an autumn trip to London.
* Fashion blogger Pam Lutell of Over 50 Feeling 40 shows us five chic ways to transition our wardrobe into fall. Join her on … Continue Reading…
This week Josephine of Chic At Any Age is hosting Fashion Flash! Josephine splits her time between St Tropez and London and combines both vibes into an elegant, European style. In the summer I love to copy her flowing tunics and pants. In cold, wet weather he manages to look both chic and stay warm. Best of all she picks such classic styles and colors that I can find equivalents in local US stores. Her silvery gray bob and sparkling blur eyes show that true style is just simply ageless.
Fashion Flash at Fashion Week
New York City in the midst of Fashion Week and its totally chaotic. It is no longer at Lincoln Center but scattered all over the westside … Continue Reading…
I am hosting Fashion Flash in this last week of summer. That certainly went fast! Our bloggers are definately turning their attetion to fall as they post great ideas for fashion, beauty, health and fitness.
* Josephine of Chic At Any Age knows that every woman loves a new pair of shoes. Wear these now and into early autumn as an easy transition into fall.
* Fashion Blogger Pam of Over 50 Feeling40 shows us fall trends already in the closet and shares an interview with Vogue editor.
* Barbara of Best of Everything After Fifty thinks we need more than sunscreen to defend our skin, in with late summer rays.
* Jodell of Black Cat Plus sees the end of summer as a time to explore Plus Size fashion trends, for … Continue Reading…
This week Melanie of Society Wellness is hosting Fashion Flash. A former dancer and certified Yoga instructor, Melanie is my go- to source for nutritional advice. Want to know the best type of calcium supplements? Ask Melanie. Nutritional value of gluten-free foods? Ask Melanie. Genuinely good recipe for fat-free salad dressing? Ask Melanie. Yes, she is that good. She drills down in every subject to sort out fact from fiction. The result is a site with up to date always useful information that you can trust. I am so delighted that two of her supplement picks will be featured in the soon to open Fashion Flash Boutique.
Fashion Flash Book Review: Japanese Women Don’t Get Old or Fat by Naomi Moriyama
The statistics are … Continue Reading…