This week one of my favorite beauty gurus, Marcia of Beauty Info Zone is hosting Fashion Flash. With her background in education Marcia drills down to explains how to pick the right products for all your beauty needs. In honor of upcoming Earth Day, our bloggers have reached back in their archives for their best posts that help both our skin and the planet.
Fashion Flash Book Review:How to Be a Redhead by Adrienne and Stephanie Vendeti
My college roomate Erin was fair skined, freckled with a cloud of curly red hair. We spent hours pouring through fashion magazines and self help books for the right color of eyeshadow, lip pencil or styles for her super curly red hair. Most of the time, Erin would give up and just … Continue Reading…
Plump, round and orange pumpkin are virtually synonymous with fall. Carved into gouls for Halloween or baked into pies for Thanksgiving, pumpkins are a staple when leaves turn red and gold.
No question that pumpkins are adorable, but are they healthy? Short answer, yes. Pumpkins are packed with beta carotene and vitamin A. Even better, 4 oz of roasted pumpkin clocks in at less than 40 calories. By comparison, the same size portion of roast potatoes add up to tktk. Pumpkin also has respectable amounts of vitamin C. Despite its stringy texture , it is not a good source of fiber.
Adding Pumpkin to Your Menus
When selecting pumpkins for eating, rather than carving look for small, firm and deeply orange pumpkins. WHen making pies, most people use canned … Continue Reading…
I’m hosting Fashion Flash this July 4th weekend and our bloggers are in the holiday mood:
* Our Diva Debbi is a Polyvore addict with more than 12,000 followers and over 4.5 million views of her fashion sets. This week she celebrates the Fourth of July with a cheeky beach outfit with a fabulous pair of Toms.
* Josephine of Chic At Any Age believes that a classic perfume adds a final touch to being chic. And now you can can get fantastic quintessentially British perfumes at a bargin price. Available in both the US and UK. Hurry, offer ends July 13.
* Positive Living advocate Barbara Hannah Gufferman of the Best of Everything After Fifty knows why women live longer than men… and she reveals the secret right here!
* Jodell of … Continue Reading…
This week the fabulous Kari of Fab Over Forty is hosting Fashion Flash. And now that we can count on more than one day of sunshine at a time, our bloggers are deep into spring. For example, Fabulous After 40 shares three styles of spring dresses for women over 40, Aging Backwards has great spring cleaning tips and Positive Living Advocate Barbara Hannah Grufferman chats with a dating coach for advice about dating over 50. At No-Nonsense Beauty Blog I look at ways to layer different skin care products (including sunscreen, antioxidants and serums), to make sure you get the very best results.
Fashion Flash Book Review: Toss the Gloss by Andrea … Continue Reading…
This week Deb Boland of Fabulous After 40 is hosting Fashion Flash. With the holidays just days away, the Fashion Flash bloggers are bursting with seasonal spirit. For example:
* Aging Backwards shares holiday beauty tips
* Prime Beauty has a holiday special for a unique skin peel
* Menopause Makeover offers 10 tips to reduce holiday stress
* Moving Free with Mirabai shares an exercise routine that reduces holiday overload
* The Best of Everything Over Fifty shares a video that shows how to love your hair whether is short or long straight or curly– perfect timing for holiday parties.
* And these days dresses with sleeves are as rare as white rhinos. But 40 + Style has rounded up a selection of these rarities that are both beautiful … Continue Reading…